Awesome Country Fried Steak Recipe
Some people call this dish as country fried steak and the other ones call it as chicken fried steak. This is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of steak. Country fried steak is associated with the Southern cuisine of U.S. Let’s get started on this awesome country fried steak recipe.
- 1 ½ lbs cube steaks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour and 3 tablespoons more (divided)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pepper (divided)
- 2 ½ cups milk (divided)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Take 3 shallow bowls and place 1 cup of flour, ½ cup milk and eggs. Divide it in separate shallow bowls.
- Then, mix the 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper and the paprika into the flour. Mix it well.
- If you like more salt and pepper, you can season both sides of cube steaks.
- It is time to dip the steaks. Dip cube steaks in milk first and dredge in seasoned flour.
- Then, dip the floured steaks in egg wash. After that, dip back again in the seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat and do half the cube steaks at a time. Cook for about 8-10 minutes till the two sides of cube steaks are brown. Remove it and set aside.
- Drain all oil but let the 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet. Add enough butter along with the oil. Melt the butter and add 3 tablespoons flour over low heat. Stir it with a whisk.
- Then, add the remaining 2 cups of milk slowly and stir until it comes to a boil and thickens. Cook for additional minute or so, and then remove from heat.
- Serve it with plenty gravy on top and mashed potatoes on the side.