Arroz Con Leche Rice Pudding Recipe
If you are a pudding lover, you should know and try this kind of pudding. Arroz con leche also called as rice pudding is a dish made from rice that is mixed with milk and other ingredients like cinnamon. Arroz con leche is combined with sweetener such as sugar when it is used as a dessert. However, it can be consumed for either dessert or dinners.
Arroz con leche is believed as a good source of B vitamins and promotes cardiovascular health. The rice puddings are found in nearly every area and the recipes can vary. The original recipe is believed to have been brought to Spain. Here is the arroz con leche recipe for you to follow.
- 1 cup of rice
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 piece lemon peel
- Boil 2 cups of water and add the rice. Cover it and then remove from heat. Let the rice sit for about 10 minutes.
- Then, drain the rice. Place back into a saucepan with remaining 2 cups of water along with lemon peel and salt. Boil them on medium heat covered for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, place the rice in a bowl that is covered with plastic. Set aside.
- Then, bring the 2 cups of milk, vanilla, cinnamon sticks and sugar to a low boil for 10 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Remove the lemon peel from your rice and discard.
- Combine the rice to the milk mixture and turn the heat to medium high. Cook stirring for an additional 2 minutes. Add the raisans then cook while stirring it continuously for another 22 minutes.
- Garnish it with sprinkle cinnamon powder on the top and serve it.