A Better Hamburger Steak Recipe
Most of people think that nothing is better than having a huge hamburger for lunch. A hamburger itself is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground beef or meat. The beef or meat is placed inside a sliced bread roll. However, what we are talking here is hamburger steak and it is a bit different than hamburger. Well, hamburger steak is referred to beefsteak that is shaped into a patty without any bread. It is also a great idea to enjoy it for your lunch. In addition, you can simply make it in your own kitchen by following this hamburger steak recipe.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- ½ teaspoon salt (divided)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (divided)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (divided)
- 1 ½ cups onion (vertically sliced)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted beef stock
- 2 tablespoons green onions (thinly sliced, optional)
- First, divide the beef into 4 equal portions. Shaping each into a ½-inch-thick patty. Then sprinkle them with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a skillet, the large one, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat. Then, add the patties, cook them for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove them from the pan.
- Then, add the reaming oil to the pan, swirl to coat. After that, add the vertically sliced onion, sauté for 3 minutes until browned and tender.
- Sprinkle onion with flour and cook and stirring it constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining salt and pepper and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Return your patties to the pan over medium heat and partially cover and cook 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- The last touch, sprinkle with green onions if desired.