5 Minutes Classic Margarita Recipe
In this occasion, we are going to learn how to serve the margarita well. Underline that it is not Margaret, but margarita. Alright, I am just kidding. I am sure everyone knows what margarita is but let me tell you once again. Margarita is a cocktail consisting of tequila, lime or lemon juice and tripe sec. It is commonly served with sugar or salt on the rim of the glass. Alike other cocktail drinks, it is also made by shaking the ingredients.
Before we go to the recipe, make sure that you have the margarita glass because margarita without its own glass is not perfect. The margarita glass is a stepped-diameter variant of a cocktail glass. If you already have one, feel free to try this 5 minute for 2 glasses classic margarita recipe.
You Will Need:
- 4 ounces high quality blanco tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- 1 ½ ounces fresh juice from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (for glass rims)
- Lime wedge and 2 lime wheels (for garnish)
- Run lime wedge around the outer rims of two rocks glasses. Dip the rims in salt. Set aside.
- Combine tequila, Cointreau and lime juice in your cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and shake until chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Fill your margarita glasses with ice and then strain the margarita into both glasses.
- Garnish it with lime wheels.
That’s all and you can make it in just 5 minutes. The key to make the great margarita is to make sure that you are adding enough ingredients, not too much. On the other hand, make sure that you follow the above classic margarita recipe well. The other important thing that will affect your margarita is the quality of the tequila. Avoid concentrate and cheap tequila and use the high quality only.